Some people are just arsey in life and either win the lotto and fall into money from mummy and daddy. For the rest of the world they have to hustle and learn important skills to help them achieve what they desire.
I will touch on the skills they have mastered based on a recent video I have watched with Patrick Betdavid http://www.patrickbetdavid.com/skills-millionaires-master/
Once you understand these skills and learn how you can implement these into your everday life your chances of generating larger amounts of money for yourself increase big time. Some of the skills you won’t be able to use at this point in your life or career but just remember they exist and revise over these 11 skills every 6 months to make sure you are doing the most you can.
1. Persuasion – Persuading people isn’t the same as manipulating people. The skill of persuading can be as simple as persuading your friends or family about a product or business idea that you really believe in! Persuading your potential customers that what ever you are offering is going to genuinely improve their current situation.
The thing with master persuasion is the fact that you can’t fake this and if you are it will stand out like dogs balls on a cat and thats where manipulating comes in. You need to genuinely believe in what you are doing, selling or helping people with.
2. Reading people and situations – There are short online courses out there that can introduce you to the skill of reading people which is often referred to as NLP Neuro-Linguistic Programming. Millionaires tend to become masters of reading people because chances are they have been screwed over or kicked in the guts by people in the past so being able to learn and understand where it turned to the shit from those situations will save you a lot of time, heart ache and money in the future.
3. Sharing the wealth – This doesn’t exactly mean what you might think. Sharing the wealth simply means to share with others valuable and important things you have learnt on your journey. What I am doing write now as I type this is sharing the wealth, I saw alot of value in these skills and want to share them with others.
4. Leverage – To leverage means to use to maximum advantage, so to master leveraging can be building a strong team of people around you that all have their own strengths to make up for others weaknesses or to build genuine relationships people who may be able to bring value to your situation. Again this needs to be an authentic genuine relationship otherwise people will feel used, the key is to always being thinking mutually beneficial relationships “how can I help them and how can they help me?”
5. Recruiting – Similar to leveraging, recruiting is based on a similar foundation. When you think of recruiting you tend to think about employment businesses. When it actual fact we recruit friends, business partners, employees, team members and mentors.
Always recruit the best talent possible, the best place to start is by surrounding yourself with people who are going in the same direction and also recruiting a mentor. This is easier said than done trust me… I have been on the hunt for like minded friends going in the same direction for years and have not been overly successful. I’ve found that its a good start to go into the communities of things you follow or are passionate about.
The great thing about using successful people as mentors is 99% of the time unless your a douche bag they will be happy to mentor you if you just ask. It allows them to reflect on how they got to where they are and help someone along the way.
6. Energy Management – Average people tend to give up after 2-3 years of going all in on their dreams or goals. It isn’t always because their ideas or businesses are failures but because they run out of energy to keep going.
Millionaires master the skill of energy management and can read their body when it is running low. If you sit down alot during the day; stand up or take a walk to get the blood flowing. They ask themselves the question ‘How can I go 8, 10, 12, 14 hours of work on little sleep?’
Fitness routines and diets play a massive part in a persons energy management.
7. Process Issues – Millionaires learn how to process issues or problem solve and come up with a 1, 2 or 3 step solution. They know how to get in contact with the right people who can assist in this process.
Processing issues aren’t always “The wifi is down call the IT guy”, issues in businesses, organizations and lives can be figuring out how to grow and scale a business, what do we need to do automate our marketing efforts, how do we begin to set ourselves up to buy a house in the 12 months.
You have to first be able to identify what the problem is and discover the process to overcoming that problem.
8. Time Management – Most people never get to where they want to do as a result of poor time management. They spend too much of their spare time on their social media news feed, playing video games or watching back to back seasons of Seinfeld (that is a dig at me personally because I love Seinfeld)
Millionaires manage their time effectively and wisely, always using their spare to lay the foundations or do the ground work to go in the direction they want to go in. Selling, prospecting, networking, developing ideas or planning. Millionaires have a good balance between farming and hunting.
Learn also how to make a 90 minute meeting 30 minutes or cut down the pointless phone calls. They learn how to say or leave messages in a more effective way and also they learn the opposite – they understand when extra time needs to be spent on forming a relationship or not rushing something as it might effect the outcome in the future.
9. How to manage money – Millionaires learn to manage their money effectively and also how to get their money working for them. If you are starting out and living week to week and your wage is currently paying all the bills and leaving very little to help you progress further in life, you will need to develop ways to generate side income. Being smart with that money, putting it to work or toward your journey will pay off massively in the years to come.
They understand the basics of accounting always learning and reading about ways to do more with their money.
HAVE CASH TO MAKE DECISIONS QUICKLY!
10. How to be aggressively patient – How do you become AGGRESSIVELY – PATIENT? You may be so driven, assertive and aggressive but you are also psychologically patient to know that everything is going to work out in time.
There is a formula to becoming a millionaire; and it is simple! Work, work, work, work – exercise patience that this is a marathon and not a sprint. Make sure that everything you do daily contributes to your journey no matter how small or big its impact, as long as it impacts your journey!
Always be planting seeds; if you work in real estate, set yourself a goal to plant 50 seeds with different people who could potentially generate you business. If you are a car mechanic introduce yourself to 20 new people a week who can give you the opportunity in the future to service or repair their cars. It may not come tomorrow or the next day but you are planting those seeds every week to get you were you want to go.
And when they all come off at once well you have a great problem on your hands! But you will know how to process that issue.
11. Learning – Learning is a skill, making a commitment to yourself to learn daily, weekly, monthly and yearly for the rest of your life will be the difference in your success. Stephen Covey mentions in his book the 7 Habits of Highly effective people which I will bring you a blog on in the future, habit seven is “Sharpen the saw”. What he means by that is always be sharpening your saw, keep your mind sharp, keep learning and learning.
You learn to ride a bike, so to become good at it
you ride regularly. If you learn the skills of a millionaire you must keep sharpening these skills to ensure for yourself that you will have these skills become second nature to you.
This has been a brilliant exercise for me to revise and give my point of view on the 11 skills that millionaires master and I thank you for taking the time to read these. They way that I see it is that if you begin to implement any of these skills into your time you we will be alot better than you were yesterday.
Share this with people who you believe will get value out of this!